This is a round-up of some of my favorite hospitality articles from around the web. Check them out and please share your own favorites.
- Wi-Fi or Die: Why Hoteliers Need to Stop Charging for Wi-Fi is a concise look at the number one guest complaint through the eyes of industry expert, Larry Mogelonsky.
- Josiah MacKenzie explains how social media is the key to success in today’s market in Hoteliers finally get it – using social media and understanding the guest experience works.
- Daniel Craig discusses the pros and cons of personalized recommendation engines in his article Search Just Got Even More Social on TripAdvisor
- This is a great article by Terence Ronson on the hunt for the “secret sauce” – the justification for technology expenditure and what he saw at HITEC this year.
- In his article Hotel Loyalty Programs – Are Your Customers Feeling the Love or Asking for a Divorce? Tom Costello discusses some of the primary reasons for guest complaints about loyalty programs.
- This blog post from Amadeus, highlighting key points of their report, “From Chaos to Collaboration“, is a long-standing favorite around our offices.
- Finally, the writer of USA Today’s Hotel Check-In, Barbara Delollis, has an insightful social media take in her post, How 11 edgy hotel brands position themselves on Twitter.
Please share some of your personal favorite hospitality articles in the comments, or by tweeting #GuestExperience.