With recent fervor over ‘junk fees’ there ware other ways for hotels to recoup revenue that not only isn’t a strain on your property but increases guest satisfaction.
Here are some recommendations with examples on how a hotel can offer new solutions to capture revenue without adding significant fees:
- Room upsells: Offer guests the option to upgrade their room to a higher category with added amenities and services. For example, a guest may be offered the option to upgrade from a standard room to a premium room with a balcony, a separate living area, and access to a private lounge.
- Packaged deals: Offer bundled packages that include room, meals, activities, and transportation. For example, a hotel could offer a weekend getaway package that includes a two-night stay, meals, a spa treatment, and round-trip transportation.
- Loyalty programs: Implement a loyalty program that rewards guests for their repeat business. For example, a hotel may offer a loyalty program that gives guests a discount on their room rate for every ten stays.
- Concierge services: Offer concierge services for an additional fee. For example, a guest may be offered the option to hire a private driver, book a tour, or make restaurant reservations through the hotel’s concierge service.
- Technology-driven solutions: Utilize technology to enhance the guest experience and generate additional revenue. For example, a hotel may offer an in-room tablet that guests can use to order room service, control lighting, and request housekeeping services.
- On-site amenities: Offer on-site amenities such as a spa, gym, and pool for an additional fee. For example, a guest may be offered the option to access the hotel’s fitness center for a daily fee.
By implementing these recommendations, a hotel can offer new solutions to capture revenue without adding significant fees. The key is to offer value-added services that enhance the guest experience and provide a convenient and seamless experience.